Take our Challenge
Use the Pembina emissions calculator to calculate your current green-house gas (GHG) emissions.
The One Less Tonne Challenge is a useful tool developed by the Pembina Institute to help determine your current level of green-house gas emissions, and suggest possible ways to reduce them. You can either run the calculator on-line (if you have a computer with internet access); or order hard copy available through VanCity Credit Union or our Diocesan office 604 684-6806 ex 221.
Some helpful information to know ahead of time:
- The approximate size of your dwelling unit (in square feet)
- The type of fuel that you use for heating and hot water
- The average distance you travel in total per day for work, school, etc…
- The types of appliances you have (i.e. ‘dishwasher’, chest freezer, etc..) and whether they are Energy-Star rated?)
- If you are not able to complete the calculator in one sitting, you can save your place on-line.
Once you have calculated your current emissions, make a note of the results – this is called your annual individual GHG emissions estimate. You will input it onto this website in Step 3. If you run the on-line calculator, you will have the option of saving your emissions report or of printing it out.